Story of how I put back the 10V engine in my Ur-quattro
last update: 4.1.2000
click on the photos to get a bigger view
-cleaned with petrol and a paintbrush (time to stop smoking....)
- the frame had been protected with wax
|Engine is ready now, still
hanging on the holder:
- conncection rod bearings and crankshaft was checked by MR. Koch.
- new head gasket ,valves and their seats were milled.
- new 2 piece exhaust manifold.
- whole engine cleaned and some parts repainted (its worth the effort!)
|Engine away from the holder:
- engine is fixed with 3 tensioning straps, so its easy to balance it right
- lifted by a driving chain, very good to handle that wight!
|Engine with gearbox:
- with the engine on a wood plate its easy to push the gearbox back on the engine
|Engine and gearbox lifted:
- the whole system is now ready for to get it back in the car.
|Engine is over the pit:
- engine and gear lying on the holder, pushed over the pit
|Engine in pit:
- car is over the pit and lifted up
- axle support has to be removed
|Engine on the way in the bay:
- engine has made half way into the bay
- axle support is removed
|Engine is mounted:
- engine is in its final position
|Engine moved in right position:
- the propeller shaft gives the right ajustment for the engine
|Engine is mounted in right
- its done!!!!!
|Everything put back in the bay:
- injection system, radiator and so on ......
|Detailed view of the bay:
- looks good so far and its running well!!!
Engine hood mounted:
- time to check all nuts and cables, oil levels and so on.
[Back to Work] or [Restauration]